Thursday, February 19, 2009

Artist’s biography


Leigh J. McCloskey

I am a native Californian and the son of an artist father. He always said when you can no longer talk about it, paint it and that has been my journey. I use the tools of creation to ask questions about the nature of Creation. My journey has lead me through a seventeen-year creative adventure into the sacred heart of the Tarot Arcana and I have written and produced an entirely original set of images and text, Tarot ReVisioned, that helps restore the depth and profundity of archetypal symbology and the Hermetic-Alchemical Mysteries.
The day after 911 an archetypal language known as the ‘Watcher Language”™ erupted through my pen and since that day I have painted my entire library-studio or wonder-study, covering the floors, furniture, walls and ceiling. The environment becomes a multidimensional entity with 3D Chroma – Depth glasses and is called the Hieroglyph of the Human Soul. This work lead to my 3rd book, Adam Reborn& Eve Restored: A Romance in Two Parts, that revisions Genesis and restores the truth, beauty and power of the sacred feminine and the true heroic nature of her beloved Adam. It is illustrated with images from the Hieroglyph.

My Grimoire was recently featured with the Rolling Stones on their Bigger Bang Tour. I originally produced this Book of Spells and Magick for my friend the director E.Elias Merhige and his movie, Shadow of the Vampire.

No comments:

Post a Comment